The Gens system has been configured in a way, fair for all players. Some may be wondering why they cannot join a different family after leaving their current families. Others may argue why they can't leave the family at all. Whatever the reason is, here is an explanation about the matter.
* The requirement to join a family is 3 resets and 400 levels for all.
* The master of a guild CANNOT leave the family they are in.
* Family members CAN leave the family but they CANNOT join another family for 3 days.
* Guilds in the same family CAN fight each other
* Family members CAN challenge to a duel to other members of the same family
* The Dungeons, Arena, Lost Tower, Atlans, Raklion, Kanturu are maps in conflict. This means that when the map opens up the war between families starts. The family with more war points holds the map for a period of 2 hours. Members of the losing family CANNOT enter the map neither players with no families. In other words, the map belongs to the winning family.
Now you know what you are getting into. Think very careful before performing any action, and more if you are a guild master.